Re: AOL "art" files

On Mon, 30 Dec 2002 19:49:35 -0700
Mark Zimmerman <mark@foresthaven.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 05:25:48PM -0600, Gerald Livingston wrote:
> > Is there something that can view AOL "art" image files? My GF uses
> > AOL and I can't break her of it.
> --snip--
> > --
> > Configure your Email to send TEXT ONLY -- See the following page:
> > http://expita.com/nomime.html
>
> Ahhh, the irony...
>
> You might try passive aggression:
>
> while [ she_sends_to_your_aol_address ]; do
>    echo "You sent me e-mail _where_?"
>    echo "I'm sorry but I just keep forgetting to check that account"
>    echo "That image you sent me must have gotten corrupted"
> done

Hehe -- actually, she generally only send mail to that address when
she's spotted something "cute" on AOL she wants me to see.
Unfortunately, AOL doesn't show here whether the graphic she's looking
at is a gif, jpg, or art file. If it turns out to be .art I just tell
her I'll look at it when I'm over there.

Of course, since she's running AOL 8, all the email she sends to my
regular addresses is HTML also. At least my MUA's handle it well.

Configure your Email to send TEXT ONLY -- See the following page:
http://expita.com/nomime.html

gvl2 (Gerald)
AirBall the Rolling Basket Case (1969 Standard Beetle)
LifeSaver (1974 Bay Window Bus)
http://www.phorce1.com