Re: Wireless Device Setup - Total Frustration - Please Help

Thomas H. George,,,, 2002-Dec-30 20:16 -0500:
> I gave up.

Never say die!

> I purchased a Linksys WMP11 Wireless PCI card.  It worked immediately
> with Windows.  Jason's Web Thingy describes step-by-step how he set this
> card up with Linux kernel 2.4.28.
>
> I reconfigured linux-wlan-ng for a pci card and again followed the
> instructions exactly.  Result?  On bootup or executing /etc/init.d/wlan
> start I get a message that no device was found so the prism2_pci module
> is not loaded.  Again, cat /proc/pci lists the network card.

I have a WMP11 as well and it works great, but it uses the PCI_HERMES
module, not the prism2_pci module.  I using kernel 2.4.18 or 2.4.19 on
that system, I can't recall which.

jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer