Re: lynx versus lynx-ssl

On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 07:04:41PM +1100, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 29, 2002 at 07:27:31PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> > By and large that isn't true any more, as crypto has mostly been merged
> > into the main archive as of woody. There are still a few holdouts for
> > various reasons. I believe lynx-ssl is one of them because lynx is GPLed
> > while OpenSSL is incompatible with the GPL; they won't be merged until
> > this is resolved.
>
> Shouldn't lynx-ssl be pulled from the archive for breaching the license
> of lynx in the meantime?

Probably (at least assuming my understanding is correct - check first).
Up to now I think there hasn't been an enormous hurry to immediately
remove such packages because it's likely that the copyright holders will
not be terribly worried about the OpenSSL linkage if they provided the
code to do so. Of course it needs to be sorted out in the long run.