Re: ssl newsreader

iain d broadfoot said:
> hey listers.
>
> what newsreaders support ssl nntp servers? i'm currently using slrn, but
> it's a bit irritating for me.
>
> i'm almost tempted to start using mozillanews again. :p
>
> i think i've tried all the clients in debian that i can see, but if anyone
> has any solutions please shout at me.

you can use stunnel to ssl-enable any nntp reader, though I have not tried
stunnel for this purpose, nor have I read newsgroups in years so .....

from the manpage:
    -n proto
           Negotiate SSL with specified protocol

           currently supported: smtp, pop3, nntp

I do use stunnel extensivly for stunnel<->stunnel connections to tunnel
ldap & mysql traffic.

nate