Re: Debian and IPV6

On Sat, Dec 28, 2002 at 10:42:17PM -0600, Kirk Strauser wrote:
> Debian's sshd, at least, is not compiled with IPv6 support.  However, I can
> use the ssh client to connect to other (FreeBSD) servers with IPv6-enabled
> sshd's.

That's not true.  It is compiled with --ipv4-default, but it can still
speak IPv6 if it is passed the -6 option.

Usually the way to get IPv6 working with Debian (woody, anyway, dunno
about sid/sarge) is to leave the ListenAddress directive completely out
of sshd_config and pass -6 to sshd.  I'm not sure why Russel is unable
to get this working.  OpenSSH 3.5 may be different than the version in
woody.

noah