Re: flash player 6.x plus alsa crashes mozilla and opera [solved]

On Sat, 28 Dec 2002 17:45:12 +0100
Oliver Zimmermann <oz@bluemonk.de> wrote:

> Hi
> I use opera and mozilla on my box with macromedia flash player plugin in versions 5.x and 6.x for a while. No problems so far. Since I installed sound system alsa. It is installed from alsa sources in the actual release 0.9.0rc6 and works very well starting xmms or alsamixer for example.
>
> The problem appeared, when I tried to open sites with flash on it like breedband.telenet.be or www.macromedia.com. The workstation freezes and becomes unreachable. It happens with Opera 6.11 or Mozilla 1.2 with flash player 6.0.69 and a former 6.x version too. But both browsers can play flash with the older plugin 5.0r51. With this older flash player plugin I can see that the soundsystem is started when I open the two URLs, which makes me think there is a relation between the new installed sound system and the flash plugin problem.
>
> Anything known about this strange behaviour? Anybody, who runs alsa and flash player plugin 6.x on the same Debian machine?

Both browsers are running now with flash player 6.0.69:
1.) For mozilla 1.2.1 I had to COPY the files libflashplayer.so and flashplayer.xpt to my mozilla-plugin-path. In the past I just linked these files to the installation directory, which seems not to work anymore.

2.) For opera 6.11 I had to modify the plug-in path by adding the installation path of the libflashplayer.so.

Both plugins produce sound now with plain alsa (without esd or artsd).

- Oliver