Re: X Win and Mouse

On Sun, Dec 29, 2002 at 01:29:24PM -0500, Hal Vaughan wrote:
> Two mouse questions:
>
> 1) Can someone confirm for me (I'm having strange troubles, again...) that if
> I have a mouse port (ATX mobo w/ keyboard and mouse ports above each other),
> that it is configured as /dev/psaux  (no serial connection, no USB for the
> mouse -- just the mouse port next to the keyboard port).

If the port is PS/2, then the device is /dev/psaux. If the mouse is
acting strangely, you might want to make sure its clean, properly
plugged in, the proper drivers are being used, and that gpm (if
installed) is not causing problems.

> 2) Does anyone know how X behaves if it is looking for the mouse on the wrong
> port?  Does it not start, start w/out a mouse, keep restarting until it finds
> the mouse, or what?

If no mouse is found, X doesn't start and it complains.

--
Seneca
seneca-cunningham@rogers.com