dhcpd: how to quiet DHCPREQUEST in logs

Running a few dhcp clients ends up generating a lot of DHCPREQUEST
messages.  I'm not clear how to set the interval that the client sends
those requests.   I looked at man dhclient.conf but didn't see the
setting.  I tried setting a "retry" but that was not it.

In my server I've got

  default-lease-time 600;

but the DHCPREQEST messages are sent from the client every five minutes so
I think that's not it either.

Anyone know what setting to adjust?

I wouldn't mind removing the messages -- It's an internal LAN so I don't
really care about the clients renewing.  Is there a way with syslog.conf
to complete remove them if I wanted to?

--
Bill Moseley moseley@hank.org