[OT] beep after mucking around inside box

after taking apart every unscrewable component inside my box, dusting
it, and putting it all back (exactly the way it was, at least i
thought), my computer now won't boot at all.  i hit the power button,
and it issues a second-long beep, pauses, beeps again, pauses again,
and continues until i turn it off.  it does the same thing with a boot
disk in it.

i must not have plugged something in right, but the only things i
unplugged were the fan (which (a) doesn't cause the aforementioned
behavior, and (b) by the sound of it, is definitely replugged!), and
both cables going into the hard drive, which i thought i replugged
securely.

anyone seen this behavior before?

thanks a lot,

</nori>