Re: which RAID cards work with debian?

On 28 Dec 02 11:54:56 GMT, Haim Ashkenazi <haim@consonet.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-12-28 at 13:45, Frank Copeland wrote:

>> I manage a couple of HP tc4100s with NetRAID 1Ms and the stock (well,
>> it started as stock anyway...) Debian kernel finds the RAID controller
>> just fine:
>>
> since I'm always using the 2.4fb kernel I didn't even tried the default
> kernel (is it 2.2.x?). I'll give it a try.

These machines were initially installed with 2.2.x kernels but now run
2.4.x kernels. They work fine with kernel-image-2.4.x-686, but have
locally-built kernels to access >1G of RAM.

It would help if you could provide more information about your system.
What model HP server is it? What model NetRAID? What error messages, if
any, are you seeing?

--
Frank Copeland
Home Page: <URL:http://thingy.apana.org.au/~fjc/>