Re: Looking for input on video cards - ATI? AllInWonder? NVidia GForce2/3/4?

Hanasaki JiJi said:

> Any thoughts on this board? or suggestions to something similar?
> http://www.leadtek.com/graphics/a250td/a250td.htm

to get best performance your gonna need the 3rd party closed source
drivers in either ATI or nvidia's case. I personally use nvidia, only
have 1 system with an nvidia card, it's a geforce3 4200 or something,
128MB of ram. VGA & DVI output. that winfast card looks similar cept
it has tv out. TV out should work fine on the nvidia cards though
I've never tried it(my TV is 16 years old and doesn't display computer
stuff very well, though I do have a dreamcast and have run linux on it with
output to TV). That card doesn't look like it supports Twinview("real"
dual head). So if you want dual head with different data on either screen
(rather then 2 screens showing exactly the same thing). You'll need a differnet
card.

I use Hauppauge WinTV PCI boards for TV-in, but as above, I've never
used TV-out. Hauppauge boards are cheap($50), and the drivers are
outstanding, I have one machine that sits as a TV 24/7 and until today it
had an uptime
of 635 days, had to shut it down due to a 10 hour power outage, sigh.

nate