Re: which RAID cards work with debian?

Haim Ashkenazi said:
> Hi
>
> I tried to install woody on an old HP server with NetRAID card and it
> didn't recognize it. I've also couldn't find any reference for this over
> the internet. I was wondering which RAID cards are supported except for
> Mylex (I know that the Hardware-HOWTO lists only mylex as supported, but
> most linux distributions support many other cards).

thought I most reccomend mylex because it works so damn good.. The compaq
smartarray controller works as well. I have used them on debian 2.2 and
3.0(only under 2.2.x kernels) on compaq DL380s.  looks like AMI megaraid
is supported too.

probably some others too, check to see what the kernel supports and
compare those compile options with the kernel-config files for debian,
e.g. the default kernel config is:
http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/Debian3.0r1a/main/disks-i386/current/images-1.44/kernel-config

unless your using the 2.4.x boot floppies then its:
http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/Debian3.0r1a/main/disks-i386/current/images-1.44/bf2.4/kernel-config

nate