Re: Webcam

On Fri, Dec 27, 2002 at 09:46:33PM +0100, Jens Gecius wrote:
> bob parker <bob_parker@dodo.com.au> writes:
>
> >> http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages2.pl?keywords=webcam
> >
> > I did that and I installed the package called webcam, it is a package for
> > ftp loading a stream of webcam images to a server. It is not for dowloading
> > still images to the hard drive.
> >
> > Why not try out your own advice before giving it to see if it does the job?
>
> Actually, I did that. What I didn't do is researching your famous
> "webcam". No matter what the manufacturer calls it, if it's a digicam,
> you should have asked "digicam" not "webcam". If it's a webcam, use
> any v4l-program - if you have a v4l-driver for that "cam".
>
> So, please, don't tell others how to give advice if your question is
> imprecise.

The first reading of his post made it clear to me that he had a
detachable webcam. There is no use if you start bitching because
you can't read.

			Roger.

--
** R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2600998 **
* The Worlds Ecosystem is a stable system. Stable systems may experience *