New Install (Video and DeMuDi apt-get problems)

I cheated on my install (I've posted a few quesitons on it).  I booted Knoppix
(for those that don't know, Knoppix is a CD-based, Debian-based distro) and
used the install script to copy it over to my hard drive.  Now X works
perfectly with my ATI Radeon All-In-Wonder.  For several reasons, I would
prefer to be working with a strict Debian based system (it seems to effect
menus, a few other UI type details).

How can I tell what modules are being used by Knoppix to deal with my video
card (I know I can do modprobe -l, but that lists all modules), and how can I
tell of Gatos, or any other video drivers are installed?  In other words, how
can I find out what Knoppix is doing to get X to work with my video card when
Woody won't?

Next question: I've added DeMuDi as a source for apt-get, as explained by the
DeMuDi web page, by adding this line to /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://http.demudi.org/debian woody local main contrib non-free

DeMuDi lists Cinelerra as an available package (the site is unreachable right
now, at least from my neck of the woods).  It might be listed as testing or
unstable.  Is that why I can't get it, or is there some other reason?  Is
there any way to find and read the list of packages from a particular source
(I don't mean read it in my system's cache -- I mean read it from the site)?

Thanks!

Hal