Re: making alsa work, ix86, als120, wine

Donald writes:

> FWIW, I just got the "Crossover Bundle" CD for my birthday and just
> installed both the Plugin and the Office sections.  I didn't have any
> problems with my  already-working sound at all.  I really didn't even
> think about it!

Happy Birthday!

> My sound system here is different from yours, but I am using the "stock"
> kernel sound module for my SB-PCI128 card (es1370.o module).  My
> impression is that if you already have working sound, then Crossover
> will use that...dunno for sure, though.  I DON'T have ALSA installed here.
>
> BTW, I didn't read the Docs...just grabbed the CD and started playing.
> Maybe I got lucky....<grin>.

    Glad it worked out for you and that you were using the stock sound
modules and not ALSA or another abstraction library. I wrote CrossOver
and let them know about it.

    Thank you for letting me know about your setup, perhaps helping me
avoid treading certain ground unnecessarily!

    Elizabeth