Re: am I a sitting duck for fetchmail hole because can't upgrade?

On Thu, Dec 26, 2002 at 03:18:51AM +0800, Dan Jacobson wrote:
> I could wget the new fetchmail .deb with my flimsy modem but I see it
> depends on libc6 that is newer than the one on the sid cd set of
> 2002.10.10 that I have installed.
>
> If I also get the new libc6 that probably means I got to make a lot of
> other changes too which means I really should have a new CD set? Which
> means I have to go to town and ask my friend to burn a new set which
> is something I didn't want to have to do more than once a year.

You're installing from a sid CD set, expecting to be able to keep up
with security upgrades, and expecting not to have to make large
downloads or burn new CDs more than once a *year*?

Sheesh. Unstable is unstable, man. It changes a lot.