Re: ext3 kernel bug, was: Compiling a kernel on an UltraSparc?

On 12/21/02 20:52, Craig Dickson wrote:
Frank Copeland wrote:

AIUI, the problem with ext3 filesystems applies only if they are in
journal mode, which isn't the default. I've also seen suggestions that
the bug exists in several versions of the 2.4.x kernels prior to

You mean "data journaling" mode -- ext3 is always journaling, so your
statement as written makes no sense, though what you meant to say is
correct. The default "ordered" mode is not affected by the bug in

Just a small aside, guys:

How do I tell what type of mode I currently have (I'm with ext3, and still using kernel-2.4.19).