Unidentified subject!

Hi,

I've noticed in my (woody based) testing/unstable that when I access
block devices such as (very obvious off course) my hard disk or my
cd-rom device, my system hangs for short moments. Meaning heavier and
longer than you would expect it to on an ide system. My kernel version
is 2.2.20, I have an ata 133 ide interface if that helps any. It's
especially annoying when ripping a cd and in the mean time trying to
play some music (with xmms for example). My system is pretty fast in and
of its own so the hardware shouldn't be an issue.

Can anybody help me out, maybe something to do with buffers or the
likes?

Thank you,
Wim