Help needed...

I am in need of some help, and I will try and explain as to what has happened here...

First, I had a computer which was working using a 120gb HD running Debian, the computer then after about 15 min's would shutdown on it's own...This keeped on happening and I mentioned to the techs where I bought it that the power supply just might be bad by over heating...So they sent me a new one, it did the same thing again, bummer...I then used a 4 inch muffin fan blowing on the board, it would then stay up running for days...So there was something on the board that was over heating...They sent me another computer to replace the one that was bad, I removed the 120gb HD and installed it in the new computer...

Second, now when I bootup in Linux, it boots up just fine to a point, meaning after the bootup has completed, I then get a BLANK BLACK SCREEN, with no text etc...

Third, I can not at this point change to any of the console screen, so by not being able to actually see what is going on, I am not sure if the system is locked up or what...

Fourth, I think it is because of the XF86Config-4 configuration, which was setup using a different setup on the bad computer, it now will not work on the new one...

Fifth, since I still have the bad computer here, I can change out the HD, put it in the new one , it will then work, but NOT in the brand new one...???

Sixth, Has any one swapped out a hard drive, and had this same problem, if you have could you please let me know how or what you did to get it to work...???

I think it is n my /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 script, but I can not get to it to try and edit it...
Any help on this issue would be appreciated...

Thanks Larry/WD9ESU