Re: update trouble / serious dpkg problem

I've exactly the same problem -- worse, dpkg doesn't work either so you
can't downgrade easily, or run update/upgrade again.  I've posted on
devel as well to see what shakes loose --

I'm wondering if I can just copy over an old libc6 from another
same-vintage machine to get the machine working again?  SSH/SCP still
works, so I can do that, I just don't want to make things worse.