Cobalt Raq2 network trouble while boot....

Hi @ all !
Thi is my first post on this ml .... And my first experience with debian
:-)

I'm trying to debian-ize a Sun Cobalt Raq2 with Paul Martin's how-to,
that seem the easiest way to do it ....

So, i've installed my dhcpd and configured .... and it seem to work fine
Same things for the nfsd ....

Ok, it boot ... it do some network activities .... and that's all !!!
Lcd say "Starting Up" but network card was powered off !!!!

With ethereal I see all the traffic, and it seems to be ok ...
The /nfsroot was mounted ....
The kernel image was ok and readable ....

What can I check ?

Thanks ....

Samuele "madsem" BOSCO