scsi (ide-scsi) errors

This is something new.  I've been able to rip from this drive before.  I
can still play cd audio from that drive (with cdplay, for example).

Trying to run cdparanoia I get the following errors (as either a normal
use or as root).

$ cdparanoia 1-2
cdparanoia III release 9.8 (March 23, 2001)
(C) 2001 Monty <monty@xiph.org> and Xiphophorus

Report bugs to paranoia@xiph.org
http://www.xiph.org/paranoia/

Ripping from sector       0 (track  1 [0:00.00])
          to sector   50131 (track  2 [5:51.04])

outputting to cdda.wav

scsi_read error: sector=0 length=7 retry=0
                 Sense key: b ASC: 48 ASCQ: 0
                 Transport error: Unspecified error
                 System error: Input/output error
scsi_read error: sector=0 length=3 retry=1
                 Sense key: b ASC: 48 ASCQ: 0
                 Transport error: Unspecified error
                 System error: Input/output error
 (== PROGRESS == [>                             | ...... 00 ] == :-0 . ==)
scsi_read error: sector=7 length=13 retry=0
                 Sense key: b ASC: 48 ASCQ: 0
                 Transport error: Unspecified error
                 System error: Input/output error

Another odd thing is on boot it seems like my drives (I have two) are
repeated:

scsi0 : SCSI host adapter emulation for IDE ATAPI devices
  Vendor: PIONEER   Model: DVD-ROM DVD-116   Rev: 1.22
  Type:   CD-ROM                             ANSI SCSI revision: 02
  Vendor: PIONEER   Model: DVD-ROM DVD-116   Rev: 1.22
  Type:   CD-ROM                             ANSI SCSI revision: 02
  Vendor: SONY      Model: CD-RW CRX1611     Rev: TYS7
  Type:   CD-ROM                             ANSI SCSI revision: 02
  Vendor: SONY      Model: CD-RW CRX1611     Rev: TYS7
  Type:   CD-ROM                             ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Attached scsi CD-ROM sr0 at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
Attached scsi CD-ROM sr1 at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 1
Attached scsi CD-ROM sr2 at scsi0, channel 0, id 1, lun 0
Attached scsi CD-ROM sr3 at scsi0, channel 0, id 1, lun 1

Is that normal?  If I want to play a cd in my CD-RW I have to do something
like:

   cdplay -d /dev/sr2

--
Bill Moseley moseley@hank.org