Re: DLINK DFE-530TX install problems

Have the same (DFI 530TX) and runs fine.
See what my kernel reported :
via-rhine.c:v1.10-LK1.1.13  Nov-17-2001  Written by Donald Becker
Dec 19 12:51:56 eric kernel:   http://www.scyld.com/network/via-rhine.html
Dec 19 12:51:56 eric kernel: eth0: VIA VT3043 Rhine at 0x6600, 00:80:c8:ec:94:29, IRQ 11.
Running on a woody 3.
If this can help.
mess-mate

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002 10:39:38 -0800
Deryk Barker <dbarker@turing.cs.camosun.bc.ca> wrote:

| I'm trying to install woody on a new machine, which has, among other
| things, a DLINK DFE-530TX network card (and yes, before anyone asks,
| I'm sure it's not a 530TX+)
|
| This is apparently supported by the via-rhine driver. When installing
| I pick this module and it installs fine, but the network is
| unavailable.
|
| Having configured the base system (from CD) and rebooted, everything
| seems OK: the module loads and reports back seeming OK values from
| eth0 (VIA VT6201 Rine-II etc)
|
| However the network won't come up. When I try doing an ifup I get
|
| SIOCSIFFLAGS: Resource temporarily unavailable.
|
| And any attempt to access the network gives Network is unreachable
| errors.
|
| Anyone have any ideas? It's been too long since I messed about at this
| level...
|
| --
| |Deryk Barker, Computer Science Dept. | Music does not have to be understood|
| |Camosun College, Victoria, BC, Canada| It has to be listened to.           |
| |email: dbarker@camosun.bc.ca         |                                     |
| |phone: +1 250 370 4452               |         Hermann Scherchen.          |