Re: urgent - system slow after spamassassin

Sandip P Deshmukh(deshmukh@escortsmumbai.com) is reported to have said:
> On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 10:05:47PM +0100, Chris Niekel wrote:

> > > I experienced this also.   The whitelist won't help, since the message
> > > still gets processed by spamassassin.
> > >
> > Had the same problem. I added:
> >     queue_only_load = 5
> > to my exim.conf. This stops exim from delivering the messages (and
> > starting spamc) when the load is over 5. After an outage of my adsl my
> > load shot into the 80, so this seems like a definite improvement. I
> > haven't noticed the sluggishness after that.
>
> which section do i put this into? i checked my exim.conf but could not
> find an entry queue_only_load.

Have you tried reading the Docs?
/usr/share/doc/exim/spec.txt.gz has everything you would want to know
about exim.

'zgrep /usr/share/doc/exim/spec.txt.gz' shows
    "queue_only_load" and "smtp_accept_queue" options.
queue_only_load               Type: fixed-point                Default: unset
    also "queue_only", "queue_only_load", "queue_smtp_domains", and the vari-
"queue_only_file", and "queue_only_load" options. The number of simultaneously

I'm sure if I read the spec file I could answer your question, or so could you.
--
A computer scientist is someone who fixes things that aren't broken.