Re: Lean and clean IMAP client

Mutt is a beautiful thing.

It takes a little getting used to, and does graphics and things via helpers,
as it's a text-mode MUA, but I use it with multiple IMAP servers and a local
Maildir mail folder system flawlessly. It lets you customize just about
anything, so when I'm replying to mail from a particular server or a
particular person, I can have it automatically change my headers to match.

And, if you set up the OpenLDAP tools, you can configure it to use LDAP for
its addressbook. This I haven't done, but it's been hinted at in the docs.

http://www.mutt.org

Oh, and yeah, you can use any editor with mutt. I've used xemacs before, and
it works fine, although lately I've been using zile since it's so much
faster.

dave

On Wednesday 18 December 2002 9:21 am, Rohan Nicholls expounded thusly:

--
 dave@psys.org	   http://www.psys.org/dw/