Re: How do I tell apt that X is installed (from tar dist)

Doug MacFarlane wrote (on 19 Dec 2002 at 13:32):

> APT::Default-Release "stable";
>
> and add lines to /etc/apt/sources.list that point to testing, as
> well as to stable, like this:
>
> deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stable main non-free contrib
> deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stable main non-free
> contrib
>
> # entry for testing distribution for installing from testing
> deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ testing main non-free contrib
> deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ testing main non-free
> contrib

Thanks, Doug! That answers an even better question than the ones I
asked. It's been heck to get an X-server running on this notebook,
but if I save my XF86Config-4 very very safely, I think your
suggestion is the way to go.

Tony

--
-- Tony Crawford