Still no sound

Well, okay...

So here's what it says when i run lspci:

00:07.1 IDE interface: Intel Corp. 82371AB PIIX4 IDE (rev 01)
00:07.2 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82371AB PIIX4 USB (rev 01)
00:07.3 Bridge: Intel Corp. 82371AB PIIX4 ACPI (rev 02)
/00:0e.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Live! EMU10k1 (rev 05)
00:0e.1 Input device controller: Creative Labs SB Live! (rev 05)/
00:0f.0 Multimedia video controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 (rev 02)
00:0f.1 Multimedia controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 (rev 02)

So it does recognize the card is there. I added "emu10k1" to the /etc/modules file (it wasn't there previously) and i rebooted, and it still doesnt' work. xmms says this when it tries to play something:

Please check that: 1. You ahve the corect output plugin selected 2. No other programs is [sic] blocking the soundcard 3. Your soundcard is configured properly

Same problem as before.  What' the next step?

Chris~

>well first you'll/we'll want to know what kind of soundcard you have,
>and how much it's recognized by the kernel as a device.  what does running
>lspci say?  it may just be that you need to pass specific options to the
>kernel, or that you need to have a specially compiled kernel to support it
>(both are relatively easy to do if you know exactly what you want).

       sean