Re: php4 and (gdbm and/or db3)

-- Rick Pasotto <rickp@telocity.com> wrote
(on Tuesday, 17 December 2002, 05:44 PM -0500):
> Is there a .deb I can install to give me either gdbm or db3 for my php4
> (apt-cache search didn't return any results)? What I currently have on
> my machine is ndbm and db2 but the hosting company has only gdbm and
> db3.
If you look in the debian readme that comes with php4, you'll note that
both gdbm and db3 support has been unlinked; it sounds like the
maintainer wanted them but couldn't link to those libraries for some
reason.

If you need db3 and/or gdbm support, you'll probably need to compile php
yourself. It's not too difficult to do -- the installation instructions
are very straight-forward.

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
matthew@weierophinney.net