sound card problem

Hi there,

I am a bit desperate to have my Sound Blaster Awe 64 work... I thought I should move to ALSA. So, I tried to update my kernel to version 2.4.16, because someone told me it was easier with the package alsa-modules-2.4.16, but I am afraid it led me to re-install everything!!

So, back to my good old kernel 2.2.19pre17, with my 3 CDs version 2.2. I have a few packages there when I run a dselect, and don't know exactly what to install...
alsa-source
alsautils
alsa-base
alsa-headers
alsaconf
alsalib0.3.0
..

Should i install all of them? And then do I need to run an install process like described on the asla-project web site?

Sorry for this question...

Thank you
Fabien