Re: cups and hpijs driver

On Monday 16 December 2002 13:41, Phil Reardon wrote:
> How do I get the hpijs driver for cups on my debian sid box?  I am
> trying to configure an hp photosmart 7350 printer, but when I went to
> http://localhost:631/ and tried to set up the printer, there were
> only three hp drivers listed, one each for deskjets, laserjets and
> new deskjets.

Have you looked at the foomatic packages? I struggled a long time with
my HP OfficeJet printer before I found that.

Which reminds me (new question to list): Is there a way to have apt-get
list the Recommended and Suggested packages of the package just
installed? For a newbie, it takes time to discover things like that,
and such a feature would help newbies a lot, I think.

Best

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo