Re: DivX to VCD?

Patrick Hsieh said:
> Hello list,
>
> Is there anyone who has the experience in converting DivX file into VCD
> format  iso? I think  it's possible to convert divx file into mpeg1 file,
> and  vcdtools may be capable of making it ito a iso image. I am asking
> here if  anyone have a one-liner example to do the job?Say, "mencoder
> <divxfile> |  <vcdtool> | mkisofs" something like this?
>
> I hope I can convert the divx to vcd on-the-fly.

maybe.. never tried it, look on freshmeat for converters. and you
cannot make an ISO of a VCD, real VCDs are stored in what is called
"mode 2" of a CD. It requires special access to the CD to read a VCD
properly, you can create a .bin/.cue for VCDs, but ISO doesn't work
for mode 2 stuff. You can create a VCD-"like" CD using ISO but it won't
be true "vcd". not really sure how to explain it.

theres lots of divx->vcd converters last I checked on freshmeat(I
was lookin for vcd->divx so if/when i get my linux pda i can watch
movies on it, since I have about 700 vcds that I recored on my VDR2100)

nate