Re: Help! Exim & verizon.net

R Ransbottom said:

> I am trying to set up a debian mail server that
> sees the world through incoming.verizon.net and
> outgoing.verizon.net.
>
> Fetchmail is set up and recieving mail fine.
>
> I have muddled through a few small setups of
> sendmail, smail and exim over the years.
>
> Verizon has "authenticated SMTP" which is one
> snag.  I don't know how I'm supposed to set
> this up on my end.  I don't even know which
> protocols are equivalent from smtp EHLO output
> and exim terminology.

Short reply for now. It can be done. I'm using smarthost with SMTP
auth on my home system. I am remote right now on a weak machine so I
don't want to ssh to my box to dig through the config. I will be home
in a few hours and will post the solution then if no-one else has.

Gerald

--
Gerald
http://www.phorce1.com