Re: acroread and anti-aliased text

on Thu, 12 Dec 2002 04:05:19PM -0600, Gary Turner insinuated:
> martin f krafft wrote:
> >also sprach Gary Turner <kk5st@sbcglobal.net> [2002.12.10.2351 +0100]:
> >> Not sure that's the only cause.  Documents created by LaTeX and
> >> converted to PDF have the same problem.  They look great in gv
> >> and xpdf, and look like crap in Acrobat (in Win).  The PDF docs
> >> print nicely from either platform.
> >
> >you can do something like
> >
> >  \usepackage{times}
>
> Danke.  I got an error: File 'times.sty' not found.  So, I went to
> ctan.org and got the file.  Where does it go?  I tried
> /usr/share/tex/latex/base/, but that didn't work.  I'm afraid I
> don't know enough about LaTeX to go beyond appliance user without
> guidance.

i have it in /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/psnfss/

as a related question, where should .sty files go in geneeral?  i tend
to put them in my working directory, which is a hack, i know ...

</nori>

--
    .~.      nori @ sccs.swarthmore.edu
    /V\  http://www.sccs.swarthmore.edu/~nori/jnl/