Re: Content Management System sought

also sprach Charlie Reiman <creiman@kefta.com> [2002.12.12.0017 +0100]:
> Zope does do PHP:
>
> http://www.zope.org/Members/hewei/PHParser

cool.

> I haven't used it. I can't imagine why you'd want to support PHP in Zope if
> you are starting from scratch.

because i am only the admin and need to make other people use zope to
make maintaining our site a cooperative endeavour. and they know HTML
and PHP, no way to teach them DTML.

> Zope also talks to just about any SQL database you can think of. And
> provides through the web editing. And more packages than you can
> shake a whole bushel of sticks at.

where can i find a package repository to browse for cool stuff i might
(not) need (but want).

> Join the zope.org mailing list and just lurk for a while if you want
> to get a feel for what people are doing and how complex it is and
> what's possible. I doubt you'll find a better free system for medium
> to small sites.

will do. that's what i heard and i have been using zope before. but
this time it's about regular users using it...

--
Please do not CC me! Get a proper mailer instead: www.mutt.org

`. `'`

NOTE: The public PGP keyservers are broken!
Get my key here: http://people.debian.org/~madduck/gpg/330c4a75.asc