Re: Manipulating .debs

Hello,

Am 17:37 2002-12-07 +0000 hat Stig Are M. Botterli geschrieben:

>I wanted to remove a dependency from a debian package. I took it apart and
>edited the control-file, and put it back together. However, dpkg wouldn't
>recognize it as a debian package. 'file' reports it as a "current ar
>archive", while it reports the original .deb as a Debian binary package. So
>the question is, how do I 'brand' (ie give it the correct magic number) my
>manipulated .deb-file as a debian package?
>
>In this particular case I found that building a dummy equiv .deb for
>the package I didn't want installed on my system to be a better solution
>anyway.

The easiest way is to use mc. ;-))

1)      Open the *.deb in mc
2)      Create a directory, whereever you want,
3)      Copy all the stuff from the *.deb to the Directoy
4)      Make your changes
5)      Use debhelper to pack it again.

Read the man and doc to debhelper

Michelle