Re: xterm copy-n-paste and mouse selection in scroll back

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 10:16:41PM -0800, Bill Moseley wrote:
> I guess three questions about xterm (or something that will do this):
>
> 1) is there a way in xterm (or is it in X?) to copy to the clipboard?
> Not the PRIMARY (highlight & paste with center mouse), but rather the
> CLIPBOARD (copy somehow?? and paste with shift+insert).

What you refer to as the "primary" *is* the X clipboard, or "cut
buffer".

> 2) Is there a way to select an area with the mouse that extends up past
> into the scroll-back buffer?  Say if you have a long listing that
> scrolls off the screen, but you want to copy all that to the clipboard
> (either one).

You can use the right mouse button to extend the selection, which allows
doing this.

> 3) Do any of the xterm clones allow searching the scroll-back buffer?

None that I've heard of. The pterm author said he'd think about it when
it was suggested to him a month or two back.