Re: partimage-help

florian florian wrote:

> Hi, Please help me with partimage. I have a wonderful Woody in a
> celeron 500 box under 2 hard-disks in a schema like this: /
> hdc1---primaire(ext2) /home    hdc5---logic(ext2) /swap
> hdc6---logic /usr    hdc5---logic(ext2) I want to move all in a new
> hdx, in the same box and I have no experience with partimage.

I run partimage from a separate (small) Debian installation. Just follow
the instructions on the screen and save the image files to a hard disc.
(You can specify a maximum size for multiple images if you wish to burn them onto CD afterwards.) See man partimage.

You might also consider rdiff-backup which copies files, symlinks etc directly. See man rdiff-backup.

Cheers,

Chris.

--
:  ___   Chris Lale   <ctlale@coolscience.co.uk>                  :