Re: Embedded Linux PDA

Tom Badran <tb100@doc.ic.ac.uk> writes:

> Id did some java devleopment on for the zaurus over the summer. It is
> trivially simple to install bash from the sharp zaurus developers site, and
> from the console i was able to ssh into machines. On a side note it appeared
> to use a packaging system based on apt :)

The Zaurus and Linux-based iPAQs use ipkg, if I'm not mistaken. ipkgs
are like debs, only they use tar instead of ar. ;) You can actually
use ipkg to install debs - I used to get packages from Debian/ARM all
the time, and in fact you can run a Debian/ARM system if you have extra storage.

It's pretty cool. =)
--
Sacha Chua <sacha@free.net.ph> - 4 BS CS Ateneo geekette
interests: emacs, linux, wearables, teaching compsci