Re: [OT] Remember when hard disk sizes were in MiB?

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 12:05:17PM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> I just purchased 1.5GB for US$94.  If my math is right, that is $94 for
> 1536MB, thus $0.06/MB.  What is my son going to think when I tell him
> how impressed I was about this?  What will I tell him about not being
> able to fill up a 40MB disk?

If he's my age and been into computers as long as I have (I turn 21 in
March and vividly remember post-Great-Renaming Usenet *before* the net
equivelent of 9/11: AOL gaining Usenet peers and IP transit in
September 1993, and still wonder how it is that the Web won when
gopher came later and was faster and easier to deal with), he'll
probably be as excited as you are.

> But we'll be able to regale our grandchildren with such great (read:
> boring) stories about the dawn of the PC age!!!!

Or how insanely great Linux was, especially compared to prevelant
Windows, after GNU/Hurd wins the war.

--
 .''`.     Baloo <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>
: :'  :    proud Debian admin and user