Re: Content Management System sought

-- martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> wrote
(on Wednesday, 11 December 2002, 11:36 PM +0100):
> My lab wants to institute a CMS to handle the entire website. I have
> a little experience with Zope and it's pretty nice, but I would like
> to get some alternatives before suggesting it.
>
> We basically need:
>
>   - a simple way to provide a common look to all pages
>   - a simple web-based way to edit pages
>   - authentication, obviously
>   - allowing PHP code to be used within the CMS would rock
>       (i think zope doesn't allow that)
>   - integration of modules, like a wiki or a news/portal site
>
> Do you know any other software pieces that feature the above and are
> preferably contained in Debian?
>
> Midgard relies on MySQL, which I am not going to use (postgres here),
> so that's not an option.
>
> Note: I am not looking for slashcode or the like, I would like to be
> able to do complete site management.
Take a look at:
    postnuke
    phpnuke
    tikiwiki
All are CMS', and all have a variety of optional plugin modules; I
*believe* all of them can use a variety of database backends (tikiwiki
utilizes PEAR-DB, which allows postres, mysql, odbc, and a handful of
others). The *nuke scripts are both in the debian archive; tikiwiki can
be found at http://tikiwiki.sourceforge.net/ .

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
matthew@weierophinney.net