Re: Tulip driver bundled with Woody 3.0_r0 Fails dhcp

Yea, ive always used the 2.2x kernel series during
installation, and everytime it probbed my card for
dhcp it went through just fine, and with woody it
doesnt.  And i typically just halt at that moment,
since i prefer to install the distro from online,
instead of installing from cd then upgrading the
packages.  I will try to alt f2 and see if i can get
the eth0 up and running first, before i have it prob
the card, and ill also try using that other module.

If neither of those work, then i think my only option
is to install 2.2r3 since i already have it on cd,
then do a dist-upgrade, otherwise i spose i could just
install woody w/o network support, and burn a copy of
the latest kernel on cd, mount it and upgrade the
kernel and hope that works.  Just think its odd that
this is the only time ive ever had problems with the
tulip driver.