Re: Compiling gsview

On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 08:30:29PM -0800, Eric G. Miller wrote:

   > It appears the package gs-aladdin just ships as a single executable.
   > You may have to build from source to get a shared library.

Will have to try that. The docs point to an address which has only rpms
:-(

   > How did you install gsview (it doesn't appear to be packaged for
   > Debian)?

Just downloaded the binary from the ghostgum site. It runs and gives the
error message. So, I compiled the source and ran the program with the
same problem. Personally I feel that the program should not have
compiled if it could not find libgs.so.

But the doc clearly says that the *nix port of gsview is written by a
newbie and the usual disclaimers apply, blah, blah. :-(

If you have any luck, let us know.

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.

Style may not be the answer, but at least it's a workable alternative.