Re: install macromedia coldfusion MX have problem

On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 08:56:43PM -0800, nate wrote:
> eric lin said:
> > Dear Linuxer;
> >
> >    I tried to install macromedia's coldfusion MX
>
> > 6/libjava.so: symbol __libc_wait, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file
>
> probably cannot use it on debian woody. it is linked against glibc 2.0
> which is really old.

Er, no, nate, you've misunderstood how glibc's versioned symbol linkage
works. Run 'objdump -p /lib/libc.so.6' for a hint.

Eric, you need to get a fixed version of Java that doesn't use internal
libc symbols like this, in order that it can work with glibc 2.3.1. Or
else run stable or testing rather than unstable.