Re: lynx rendering fonts

On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 06:49:04PM +0100, Robert Land wrote:
> How can I persuade lynx to 'forget' it's capabilities underlining
> fonts? Everything thats <b> or even <em> is rendered underlined
> and makes reading regular expressions in html docs very hard if
> they have <b> attributes.

sed -e 's/<B>//g' -e 's/<\/B>//g' -e 's/<EM>//g' -e 's/<\/EM//g' < dodgydoc.html > /tmp/cleandoc.html
lynx /tmp/cleandoc.html

> Actually I would like to change the black background to default
> just like mutt enables but lynx.cfg seems to be a bit stubborn
> here. Are all these settings really compiled into the browser?

I like black backgrounds... from my lynx.cfg:

# COLORS (only available if compiled with SVr4 curses or slang)
#
# The line must be of the form:
# COLOR:Integer:Foreground:Background
#
# The Integer value is interpreted as follows:
#     0 - normal               - normal text
#     1 - bold                 - hyperlinks, see also BOLD_* options above
#     2 - reverse              - statusline
#     3 - bold + reverse		(not used)
#     4 - underline                   - text emphasis (EM, I, B tags etc.)
#     5 - bold + underline            - hyperlinks within text emphasis
#     6 - reverse + underline         - currently selected hyperlink
#     7 - reverse + underline + bold  - WHEREIS search hits
#
# Each Foreground and Background value must be one of:
#      black              red            green            brown
#       blue          magenta             cyan        lightgray
#       gray        brightred      brightgreen           yellow
# brightblue    brightmagenta       brightcyan            white
#
# Uncomment and change any of the compilation defaults.
#
COLOR:0:lightgray:black
COLOR:1:cyan:black
COLOR:2:yellow:blue