Re: enabling apm on laptop

I've had several different response to this problem...
I did run lilo after altering lilo.conf and already
have apmd installed - I get a 'No APM support in
kernel' message with this as well.
I don't get anywhere with the 'modprobe apm'
suggestions (don't know what modprobe is and can't
find it to install).
I don't know what kernel I have installed. Yes, I'm
sure that there's an easy way to find this out! I'm
guessing that it's either one that is not capable of
providing APM support or it just isn't configured
correctly. There must be some good HOW-TO's out there
on reconfiguring a kernel or installing a new one...
any pointers helpful - if this really is the route
that I have to go down!
Thanks...

 --- Matthew Weier O'Phinney
<matthew@weierophinney.net> wrote: > -- D.