Re: capture realaudio -- with esdrec?

This one time, at band camp, sean finney said:
> On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 12:02:47PM -0500, Ludwig wrote:
> > On Mon, 2002-12-09 at 21:04, sean finney wrote:
> > > heya,
> > >
> > > i had to do something similar myself recently, and iirc vsound did
> > > the trick.  check it out (it's in the vsound package).  if not there's
> > > another package or two that also do a similar job (do an apt-cache search
> > > sound record dsp or something).
> >
> > vsound does not work for me at all.
>
> turns out the script that launches it is buggy too.  try -s to print to
> just stdout and see what i mean (there's a [ "$foo" ] where there should
> be a [ "$foo" = 1 ]).  i swear it worked for me at some point...
>
> i'll file a bug report about the verbose option if one hasn't been already,
> though fixing that does not solve the problem...  is anyone able to
> get this to work at all?  if so, what versions?  i've tried 0.5-5 and 0.5-6

Fails here, too.  version .5-5.  I seem to remember that this can be
done with tools from the sox package, but the magic is escaping me at
the moment.

Please file the bug report - it looks like the script sets variables
accidentally in a couple of places where it doesn't mean to.

|  Stephen Gran                  | This message was written with vi!  (not |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | that anyone in the world cares)         |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | -- seen on an old message from an       |
|  			         | anon.penet.fi address                   |