From: John Griffiths [mailto:john@capmon.com]
Sent: den 10 december 2002 08:01
To: Jonas Persson
Cc: Debuser (E-mail)
Subject: Re: System beeps and then hang :(

have you still got your mobo manual?

sounds like it could be some kind of warning diagnostic.

the graphics heavy stuff will be running the CPU hard so it might not be
the graphics card.

Is the box getting hot?

At 07:58 AM 12/10/02 +0100, Jonas Persson wrote:
>Hi, i have an old PIII 500 mhz system which is about 3 years old. For
about 4 months i had problem with the system beeping (the system speeker)
for about 3 times each 2 seconds. I thought it was the power supply which
was brokes (the fan wasn't running at all) so i switched power supply and
everything ran just fine for abour 3 months.

>Then suddenly yesterday the box started making the stupid system beeps
again and the complete system locked up. I have been running this computer
for 24/7 in 3 years time. If i turn off the computer for like 5 hours and
turn it on, after 1 hour i will get the same beeping. The power supply fan
is working, and so is the cpu fan.

>I have a geoforce 256 card and i've exchanged it already once, can i be
the graphic card which is broken. Since when i boot
>into XP windows claim that the Geoforce 256 driver has caused problems.
Tried to reinstall the driver yesterday but with the same luck.