Re: [Very OT] What [OT] stands for?

On Mon, 2002-12-09 at 13:51, Oliver Fuchs wrote:
> On Mon, 09 Dec 2002, hiranokazunari wrote:
>
> > Thanks everybody!
> >
> > Now I understand OT generally means Off Topic.
> > I thought it was "on tap", "on target", "on television",
> > "on telephone", "on tenterhooks", "on term", or
> > "on tablets":)
>
> Yeah, sure it is "on tablets" ... uauauauah. That was the best thing
> I have read here.
> Any suggestions for FYI?
> Or RTFM?

FYI - (to) Further Your Insanity

e.g. Just FYI, remember that all /usr/bin paths during compilation on a
Debian system will be changed to /usr/local/bin, unless the program is
installed from a deb, in which case it will be installed in /usr/bin. If
you compile a deb from source, however, the install path will still be
/usr/bin, unless you compile from source without using the debian
building rules in which case it will be /usr/local/bin. This could, of
course, be modified depending on the program in question, which may
choose to instead install in /usr/local/sbin, or /sbin, or /usr/sbin
depending on the program and the packaging system. If, however, the
alternatives system is used, this is all moot. :)

RTFM - Realign the Frequency Modulator (aka, turn the tuning knob on
your radio. ;)

That's the best I could come up with on the spot. :)

-Alex