Re: hdparm: invalidate: busy buffer

Pigeon said:
> Hi,
>
> I have a 600MHz Celeron with VIA 82Cxxx chipset; /dev/hda is a
> Seagate 20Gb UDMA66 drive, partitioned /dev/hda1 FAT16 375Mb,
> /dev/hda2 FAT16 125Mb, /dev/hda3 swap 2Gb, /dev/hda4 ext2 17.5Gb.

DMA transfers on these chipsets are very very buggy. I stopped using
the onboard IDE on VIA chipsets about 3 years ago becuase of DMA problems.
I reccomend using a Promise ATA/100 controller instead(PCI card, runs
about $20-25), they work flawlessly in my experience, rock solid. I don't
reccomend the RAID version of the card however, just the normal ATA/100
or ATA/66.

nate