Re: wm choose

Am Son, 2002-12-08 um 18.16 schrieb Andrei Smirnov:
> People! it seems most of you use wmaker, but (i use it too) it cannot
> do the following (correct me if i wrong):
> - remember (in save session) to launch lavaps and some other progs

Just add lavaps to /home/$USER/GNUstep/Library/WindowMaker/autostart.

> - change the size and buttons of borders

Doesn't work

> - manual editing of conffiles is rather .. you know - it (wpref) deletes
> all it dont like (this lavaps as example)

wmakerconf and WPref are IMO quiet nice tools to configure WindowMaker.
I dont see a need to edit them manually.

> ok then - i just want to ask if there are other wms except fvwm?
> to have a config which  i can edit by myself, and be able to copy it to
> another machine(s).

Once you have configured WM with wmakerconf you can copy it to other
machines.

>  and with features like shortcuts, customizable bars,

WM supports shortcuts IIRC, and you can at least customize the color of
the bars.

> random backgrounds,

man wmsetbg; man bash

> several desktops with key-based switching

Of course WM can do that, too.
--

Matthias Hentges
[www.hentges.net] -> PGP + HTML are welcome

My OS: Debian Woody: Geek by Nature, Linux by Choice